home art handcrafts gemstones gold silver special mexican events
state of sinaloa

Welcome to Mazatlan!!
State of sinaloa.

Sinaloa is located in the north west of the Mexican Republic, 75% of its coast is in the Sea of Cortez while the other 25% is in the Pacific Ocean. Sinaloa limits at north with the state of Sonora and Chihuahua, at west with the state of Durango and at south with the state of Nayarit.

Sinaloa name comes from the Cahita Indian Language which means "Pitaya Redonda" Pitaya is a fruit that grows in Cardon Cactus original from this state, while Redonda Means round, all togueter Sinaloa means rounded fruit.

Sinaloa main cities are: Mazatlan, Culiacán, Guasave, Guamuchil and Los Mochis. The State of Sinaloa is devided in eighteen counties which are: Escuinapa, El Rosario, Mazatlan, Concordia, San Ignacio, Cosala, Elota, Culiacan, Navolato, Salvador Alvarado, Guasave, Badiraguato, Mocorito, Angostura, Sinaloa de Leyva, Ahome, Choix and El Fuerte. Sinaloa is also known as the State of the eleven rivers reason for which this state is known as the "Bread Basket of Mexico" where main vegetables cannaries are located, our farmers grow onion, tomatoe, radish, carrot, chickpea, potatoe, corn, lettuce, cabbage, pepper, etc.

While driving along this state you can admire the most incredible agriculture fields you have not ever seen before, hundreds of miles in valleys next to the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains that helps our state to have plenty of water all year long in the eleven dams the state has. The rainy season is the months of june, july, agoust, september, october and sometimes in november and december, it rains between forty five and fifty five inches a year. The state of Sinaloa has Six beach destinations as: Teacapan, Mazatlan, Barras de Piaxtla, Altata, Playa Las Glorias and Playa Maviri and several islands that are part of the group of islands that forms an archipelago of the Sea of Cortez.

There are also Colonial destinations as: El Rosario, Copala, Chametla, Concordia, Panuco, San Javier, San Ignacio, Cosala, Mocorito and the greatest El Fuerte. The Flora and Fauna of Sinaloa is spectacular is a magic place for those who loves to watch birds as well as the sea life is abundant for those who loves fishing.

Sinaloa celebrates many events along the year. El Marathon in Mazatlan celebrated in the end of november or in the beggining of december, The Carnival celebrated in Mazatlan in the month of february, The Fair of La Cabra celebrated in Teacapan, The Marathon of San Sebastian in Concordia.

Sinaloa is just the perfect state of Mexico to make of your vacation spectacular. Sinaloa will be waiting for you with the open arms.

mazatlan
Mazatlan inhabited by Totorame, Xiximes and Cahitas tribes,
know more. . .

All about Mazatlan

Airport transfers

Bus routes
Tours
Activities
Beaches
Carnival festives
Car rental
Mazatlan churches
Emergency numbers
Gastronomy
Mazatlan History
Mazatlan night life
Medical care
Money Exchange
Nuevo Mazatlan

Mazatlan lodging

Mazatlan Shopping
michael galery
 
 

Photo Gallery mzt

Tour operators

Mazatlan city map
Transportation
Sinaloa state
Mazatlan Taxis

Mexican riviera

Michael Gallery Mexico - © All rights reserved 2005.